Monday, May 8, 2017

Lit Circle Blog

          The book I have been reading in my Lit Circle is The Watsons Go To Birmingham. So far I have up to page 138, I will know summarize what I have read so far. The Watsons are a very weird family. They have a juvenile delinquent named Byron who got his lips stuck on a frozen car window, killed a bird with a cookie, and conked his hair. Then we have Kenny who is actually very smart for his age. He gets made fun of by his brother By and gets bullied by him. They also have a little sister who is very protective of them. Their father is a very dramatic person in a good way. There mother is very protective and a little bit crazy. They both give out harsh punishments. So far in the book we have just watched their lives fold out. He learned about Byron and Kenny’s school life and how their mother is crazy. Byron was caught playing matches and his mother as a “punishment” also burned his finger. He also learned that Byron is such a bad kid that he being sent to Birmingham, Alabama so he could change.
          While reading the book I still haven't gotten the answers to some of my essential questions. Some of the essential questions I had were “Why are they going to go to Birmingham?” Another one was “How would Birmingham change them?” One of those questions was answered. The question that was answered was why they went to Birmingham. The reasons the Watsons go to Birmingham is because they are going to discipline Byron. Byron’s behavior was so bad that they were going to drive from Flint, Michigan to Birmingham, Alabama to discipline him. That is over 700 miles. They would drive there so Byron could live with Grandma Sands so she could discipline him. But my other essential question isn't answered yet. The are in Birmingham when I was currently reading but nothing has happened yet. So my question should be answered soon.
          There are many characters in The Watson’s Go To Birmingham. But there is only one character in the book that I hate, and his name is Byron. He isn't a bad guy or anything he is just stupid. He those things that gets him in trouble but he is so stupid when doing it. When his parents told him that he was moving to Birmingham he didn't know why he was going. But before then he had conked his head before asking his parents and was playing with matches and when they told him he just stood there in shock, like a idiot. That is why I hate him.


No comments:

Post a Comment