Friday, May 12, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog

          3rd Quarter is gone and done with. 3rd Quarter was a very long quarter and tough one as well, but I made some improvements you would say in ELA. In ELA this quarter and for most of the year I had one problem, and in this quarter I overcame this problem. It's not writing, talking in front of people, or annotating. It’s paying attention. I kinda have a problem with paying attention and it messes with me especially in this class. I pay attention when the teacher is talking and such but then I doze off towards the end of the talking and then she asks me a question and I look like I haven’t slept in about a month. To fix this when I start dozing off I usually stand up straight or position myself. So then when the teacher ask me a question I’m right on it, and don’t look like a fool either.
          Now onto something that I really want to talk about. In 3rd Quarter we did something I was really proud of, the butterfly project. In 3rd Quarter we probably did one of the biggest grades in 8th grade, the butterfly project. We had to read a poem from Terezin and annotate it and then we had to make a butterfly that represented our poem. At the beginning of the unit I didn't really want to do it. In my mind I thought that it was a waste of time. But then I saw some of the butterflies students made in the past and I was like “Alright fine I do it.” Then I started making my butterfly and was having fun making it. I felt like I was in kindergarten again and making arts and crafts. I was also listening to Johnny Cash which is always a plus. I made it and thought I had made a masterpiece. Then I went to class on Monday and my confidence was destroyed by how much better other butterflies were from mine, but I felt proud. I put in the time and effort to do the project and I felt good by doing it.
          In 4th Quarter I made lots of improvements. I made lots of in improvements on not just my work but on my behavior.  I made improvements in paying attention, structuring my work, and in my behavior. I paid attention more in class in 3rd quarter. I also had a easier time when writing because I found it easier to structure it than in 1st and 2nd quarter. I also didn't get in trouble much in 3rd compared to 7th and 6th grade. I’d say that I made a lot of improvements not just in ELA but in all my classes this quarter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment