Thursday, October 27, 2016

1st Quarter Reflection Blog

     The first quarter of school is done and over with. I wonder how I have progress since the end of seventh grade? Since the beginning of seventh grade my writing was amazing and in eighth grade I think it is even better. I think that since I started eighth grade my writing has a improved a lot. I was good at writing in seventh grade. If I had something that I was really passionate about something or knew a lot about a certain person or topic, I would be able to write for days on end. In seventh grade we made iBooks around the end of the school year. Everyone did an iBooks and was facing off against someone else to see who made a better iBook. It would be look at by my teacher at the time Ms. Baldassano. Her mom, dad, brother, and then fiancé Tommy. Everyone in my class either lost or won, but not for me. Me and my opponent’s writing was so good that they weren’t able to decide you won and who lost. Now to eighth grade. I’m still pretty good at writing. But know I think I’m even better at it. Due to us having to write our blogs in a TIQA format I now know how to write in a complete paragraph. It was everything. It has a topic sentence, quotes, analysis and most of all it is an easy format to write in and for that thank you. Eighth grade in my opinion has helped me further progress my writing skills to new heights.
     So far in the first quarter I think that I will be on pace to beat the 10 book challenge by the end of the 3rd quarter. In the start of eighth grade we started the 10 Book Challenge. In which I’m doing great in. Since we have started the 10 Book Challenge I feel that I have been reading a lot more. I usually never really read. I don’t really like to read to be honest. Most of the books I’m not really interested into. Like The Hunger Games or Harry Potter, books like that are uninteresting to me. In seventh grade I time I would only ever read is a sequel to book we read in class or when MAP and PARCC testing come around. But around 4th quarter last year I started reading more and found books that are interesting to me. I found the book series called The Phoenix Files. I read the first one and I was hooked. Then I found out that was about 6 books in the series and I was ecstatic. I only finished the first book in seventh grade but still I was excited. Then when The Walking Dead season finally rolled around and I watched it was interested in reading the comics. I read all three compendiums and I’m now on the newest issue 157. Now in eighth grade I have probably read more books in the first quarter then in the first 2 quarters in seventh grade. In the first quarter I have read about 5 books. The book I read were Lincoln's Grave Robbers, Maus I and II, The Giver, and The Phoenix Files: Contact. I think that I will be on pace to read 10 books by the end of 2nd quarter but I will probably finished at the end of the 3rd quarter.
     I think that I had a very good 1st quarter in school and in ELA. In 1st quarter in ELA I feel that I accomplished my goals that I wanted to achieved in the 1st quarter. When I walked through the door of the ELA classroom I didn’t really have any goals besides the usually such as get good grades, don’t be late, and turn in my homework on time. I almost got all my goals accomplished besides the homework one. But in the 2nd quarter I want to add new goals and accomplish the goals I didn’t do in the 1st quarter. I want to have all my homework done and turned in on time with 100% effort put in. Something I didn’t do in the 1st quarter. I want to get good grades which is a goal everyone should have. I also want to beat the 10 book challenge in which I’m halfway to completing. I also don’t want to get in trouble like in 1st quarter in ELA sometimes. But other than that I thing that I accomplished my goals in 1st quarter and had a every successful quarter in not just ELA but in every class. I hope that I will be better in 2nd quarter and overall have a better quarter than last quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment